Main and Six is a lively, relatively new brewery located in the historic Jacksonville neighborhood of Springfield. Founded in 2017, Main & Six bases its service on two principles: A passion for brewing local, high-quality, and delicious craft beer and a strong love for the Springfield community and the greater city of Jacksonville. Co-founder of Main & Six Dennis Espinosa, together along with his carefully chosen employees, has a passion for brewing craft beer that gives this local brewery its heart and soul. From his first time brewing a batch and falling in love with the beer-making process, Dennis has dreamt of opening a local brewery that represents all things Jacksonville. After years of planning and hard work, Main & Six was born.
Community is a very important idea for the people at Main & Six. Located right in the heart of Main Street’s commercial area, they are always ready to participate in and host local events. The friendly, hardworking staff actively engages with the community via social media to promote a strong sense of community. They want their customers to be as passionate about their local Jacksonville craft beer as they are. Everything about Main & Six actively and encouragingly invites you to become a part of their neighborhood family.
There are a lot of historic pictures, and the general vibe of the area is that of a friendly neighborhood hangout spot. They’re dog-friendly as well, so you might even get to pet a few of the four-legged neighbors. If you’re interested in having a relaxing and fun night out, while trying some authentic Jacksonville local brews, Main & Six is closed on Mondays. Tuesdays and Wednesdays, they are open from 3pm to 10pm. On Thursdays and Fridays, they go from 3pm to 11pm. Weekend craft beer enthusiasts will see their doors open at noon on Saturdays and Sundays. They’re open until 11pm on Saturdays and close early at 9pm on Sundays. If you like food with your beer, on most days there will be a food truck nearby outside.
Main & Six’s taproom has 6 permanent taps and 10 rotating taps.
- The Staycation Blonde Ale is an American Blonde Ale with a very hoppy flavor and aroma, but without the bitterness generally associated with a strong hop flavor.
- The Big Jim California Common is a lager named after a locally-famous steam whistle located in the Springfield area. A perfect blend of malt and hops, with an ABV of 5% makes this lager true to the California style.
- The Ongoing Investigation is Main & Six’s newest American IPA. It’s made from a blend of Cascade, Centennial, and Zythos hops give a unique flavor of citrus and tropical fruits. This mellow IPA isn’t too bitter, with a mellow malt flavor and a 6.9% ABV.
- The Mix Tape is a very hop-forward pale ale with a strong enjoyable bitterness and a sweet tropical aroma.
- The Handsworth Brown Ale is an American-style brown ale made from roasted barley, brown malt, and Northern Brewer hops that give it a light bitterness with an aroma of roasted nuts.
- The Hubbard St. Stout is Main & Six’s roast forward American stout, which contains roasted barley and Nicaraguan coffee. The coffee for this brew is supplied by Social Grounds Coffee Company, a local Springfield café.
The ten other taps in the taproom represent seasonal Main & Six brews or guest beers.
Main & Six has proven to be a successful brewery with a lot of fan-favorite craft beers and great local clientele. Their commitment to community and passion for brewing high-quality craft beers makes them a must-see stop on any Jacksonville trip.